Review: Abounding in Kindness
This review is of a recent collation of lectures and essays by Elizabeth Johnson which is intended to “make insights accessible to a broad reading public”. You can borrow this book fromm earth link for the cost of the postage.
Resources from the Sisters of Mercy
Mercy International Association has uploaded 13 excellent videos relating to the theme on which they are reflecting during this Year of Mercy. They are about the “Cry of Earth and her People”. Treat yourself to these remarkable resources at www.mirpvoices.org
Webinar: Laudato Si, A Framework for Climate Justice
This July webinar of the Global Catholic Climate Movement focused on how climate change impacts the most vulnerable -- the poor, the elderly, children, and people of colour. Over 900 people registered for this webinar! To watch the webinar go here.
Resources for Creation Day (1 September) and the Season of Creation
Resources from Australia
· Season of Creation resources for 2016, 2017 and 2018 here: Season of Creation
· Uniting Earthweb has a collection of videos and support materials.
· The Columban Mission Institute has resources for Catholics which relate to the 2016 liturgical Year B.
From the USA
· Creation Day video and other resources from Global Catholic Climate Movement:
· For the feast of St Francis: The theme for this year is "Dial Down the Heat: Cultivate the Common Good for our Common Home." The 2016 program will help answer Pope Francis' call for constructive dialogue about our place in God's creation and the environmental impacts on poor people and communities. Once you register, we'll email you a program guide later this summer to help you plan your celebration: http://www.catholicclimatecovenant.org/FOSF
From the EcoCongregation, Ireland: http://ecocongregationireland.com/archives/5784.
From the EcoCongregation, Scotland: http://www.ecocongregationscotland.org/materials/creation-time/
From the World Council of Churches: http://www.oikoumene.org/en/what-we-do/climate-change/time-for-creation
Report from Australian Marine Conservation Society
Free Online Presentation from the Pachamama Alliance
You may be very familiar with Awakening the Dreamer Symposium. The Pachamama have now made a very user friendly brief presentation for free. It consists of short video clips and an opportunity to reflect as you go. It is 2 hours and once you have registered you can return for grabs of time that suit you. The link is atd.pachamama.org
New Report from the Climate Council about Rural Communities
Time Flannery and co have been on the road in Queensland with their new climate change report. You can get the report here: On the Frontline: Climate Change and Rural Communities.
Free Online Classes in Cosmology and Ecology
In September, Yale University is offering two six-week online courses to enable everyone to gain a better understanding of Cosmology and Ecology. The following courses are being offered:
• Journey of the Universe: The Unfolding of Life
• The Worldview of Thomas Berry: The Flourishing of the Earth Community
This Changes Everything
There is now a study guide to go with the film that focuses on the connection between economic growth, social justice and climate change.
Finding Hope: The Future of the Great Barrier Reef
Here is a very succinct backgrounder on the Barrier Reef which has been produced by CLRINSW: clrinsw.org
Handy resources on Sustainability
· This resource has been developed in Washington by the Intercommunity Peace and Justice Centre :http://www.ipjc.org/Sustainability_booklet.pdf
· Eco-Parish Guide: The Global Catholic Climate Movement developed this resources in the USA and it may need to be adapted: https://catholicclimatemovement.global/eco-parish/
· Ten things you can do to care for our Earth: This Parish Guide has been developed by the Uniting Church in Victoria: http://greenchurch.victas.uca.org.au/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/ten-things.pdf
Links for Recycling
Check out this site for useful info and strategies: http://recyclereducereuse.org/index.html
Although this site is from the USA it contains many helfpul suggestions: http://www.homeadvisor.com/article.show.Environmental-Home-Remodeling-Recycling-and-Composting.17357.html Thanks to a group of our readers for this link.
The Ethical Consumer Group provides you with guides for sustainable shopping and more: http://www.ethical.org.au/
Purchase ecobins for home or work
You can purchase bins online at http://www.ecobinonline.com.au/products/Combo-Pack-1.html
Sustainable Seafood App
This app is a guide to purchasing seafood wisely: http://www.sustainableseafood.org.au/pages/download-the-free-app.html