Review: Partaking of God
This book by Denis Edwards was published in 2014. The review gives you a summary of the way in which Edwards builds on the theology of Athanasius to shape a contemporary theology influenced by evolutionary and quantum science. Here is a link to the article mentioned in the review.
Are you reading something that you would like to review for the Earth Link newsletter and website? Please be in touch.
Resources relating to the forthcoming encyclical of Pope Francis
· ABC Religion and Ethics articles:
o The Sacrament of Creation by Clive Hamilton http://www.abc.net.au/religion/articles/2015/03/03/4190521.htm
o A response to Clive Hamilton at http://www.abc.net.au/religion/articles/2015/03/16/4198771.htm
· Address to Trocaire, Ireland by Cardinal Turcson:http://www.catholicbishops.ie/2015/03/05/cardinal-peter-turkson-delivers-trocaire-2015-lenten-lecture-saint-patricks-pontifical-university-maynooth/
. Earlier address by Donal Dorr: https://www.thinkingfaith.org/articles/%E2%80%98-fragile-world%E2%80%99-church-teaching-ecology-and-pope-francis?utm_source=Thinking+Faith&utm_campaign=d9a9f0801f-TF_201404214_17_2015&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_620a4d7197-d9a9f0801f-68830389&mc_cid=d9a9f0801f&mc_eid=8b94abcd78
- NEW ·Go to the Catholic Earthcare website to what they are planning for after the release of the encyclical:http://catholicearthcare.org.au/ecological-encyclical/
- NEW Pope Francis and the Environment: On April 8, Yale hosted a panel discussion on the impact of Pope Francis’s upcoming encyclical on the environment, including the potential that it could transform the global climate debate for Catholics and non-Catholics alike: https://environment.yale.edu/news/article/pope-francis-and-the-environment-why-his-new-climate-encyclical-matters
- NEW Info from Workshop of Civic and Churcleaders in Rome
- On April 28, 2015, the Pontifical Academy of Sciences, the Pontifical Academy of Social Sciences, Sustainability Development Solutions Network, and Religions for Peace held a conference at the Vatican titled Protect the Earth, Dignify Humanity: The Moral Dimensions of Climate Change and Sustainable Humanity. The conference featured emphatic statements on the moral dimensions of climate change:
- Cardinal Peter Turkson, President of the Pontifical Council for Justice and Peace
- Ban Ki-moon, United Nations Secretary General
- Pontifical Academy of Sciences & Pontifical Academy of Social Sciences
- Final Declaration on Workshop on Climate Change
From the Ground Up: Caring for the Planet’s Precious Soil
This very comprehensive resource has been prepared by the uniting Church for World Environment Day, 2015. It could be used more widely than that. Download at http://www.unitingjustice.org.au/environment/news/item/1009-world-environment-day-2015
Unburnable Carbon-New Report from the Climate Council
Our newest report is busting open the myth that Australia does not need to do anything. Pollution from Australia’s coal resources, particularly the enormous Galilee coal basin planned in Northern Queensland, are alone enough to change the world’s climate, and take us two-thirds of the way to a two degree rise in global temperature. Download the report by clicking on the link.
Links for Recycling
Check out this site for useful info and strategies: http://recyclereducereuse.org/index.html
Although this site is from the USA it contains many helfpul suggestions: http://www.homeadvisor.com/article.show.Environmental-Home-Remodeling-Recycling-and-Composting.17357.html Thanks to a group of our readers for this link.
Thanks to a reader of our website for this link to info about composting: http://www.syntheticgrasswarehouse.com/composting-grass-table-scraps/ There may be adjustments that need to be made for our climate and conditions as the site is from New York.
The Ethical Consumer Group provides you with guides for sustainable shopping and more: http://www.ethical.org.au/
Purchase ecobins for home or work
You can purchase bins online at http://www.ecobinonline.com.au/products/Combo-Pack-1.html
Sustainable Seafood App
This app is a guide to purchasing seafood wisely: http://www.sustainableseafood.org.au/pages/download-the-free-app.html